Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The boos don't bother me, says Voice judge Kian



We Still Love You Kian

By ALEXANDRA RYAN
Monday March 05 2012
KIAN Egan says being booed by The Voice audience doesn't bother him because he's being paid to be brutally honest.
The Westlife star was met with jeers as he entered the Helix last night for the first live show -- after jetting in from China.
The dad of one has come under fire for being too mean to contestants.
Speaking to the Herald, Kian said he didn't mind the booing but admitted that he may have been too harsh.
"It really doesn't bother me. The other three judges are sitting there saying that everyone is great and I understand that.
"But for me I can't be like that, I can't tell everyone that they are absolutely brilliant if they are not. If they are then no problem. But this is what I've been hired to do. Sure, people are going to criticise me and say 'what does he know?' but at the end of the day I've been hired to do this job and I'm going to do the job the best I can," he explained.
MANNER
"I might have been a little bit too harsh with some of my comments. I don't think I was wrong in what I was saying, it was more the delivery. It was important to me tonight to put my criticisms in the right manner and I think I did better."
Meanwhile Kian, who flew in from Westlife's Farewell tour in China, admitted he couldn't wait to prove co-star Brian Kennedy wrong this weekend. Kian says he is looking forward to performing on the live stage, so he can finally prove to Brian that he really can sing live.
"I'm not nervous about performing at all. I can't wait to finally answer Brian's smart comments and prove him wrong," he said. "I'm nervous about who my bottom two are going to be. My fear would be losing someone really strong."
Former Fair City actor Ryan O'Shaughnessy and Gavin Kenny became the first performers to be booted off the show.
- ALEXANDRA RYAN
 

No comments:

Post a Comment